Friday, April 27, 2012

How can I get my ATI pci-e video card work on my PC?

Hi,

I have an e-machine H3504 with an on-board video card. I got an ATI Radeon X300SE PCI-E video card. I installed the card into the pci-e bus but nothing happened. I don't get a video signal when I connect my monitor to the on-board video card and not even from the ATI card. I don't think my pc even boots up. It is stuck with an orange light on and fan noise high. It works again if I take the PCI-E card off. Any ideas?

Thanks.|||The X300SE is a very low-end card that does not draw much power-- Notice it does not even have a 6-pin PCIe power connector. Only video cards that need more than 75 watts of power have the 6-pin. I doubt it's a power issue.



I'm guessing that you have to disable your onboard video through BIOS before the add-on video card can be recognized. How to do that:



Connect your monitor to your onboard VGA, and boot into BIOS. Disable the onboard in BIOS, then save and exit, and power down. Then connect your monitor to your X300, and power up. You may be able to see an image then.



Give it a shot, and good luck.



EDITED TO ADD:



It's easy to get your onboard back if your X300 still doesn't work. Just clear your CMOS-- There should be a jumper on your motherboard which when shorted will clear the CMOS, or you can take out the CMOS battery for a few seconds then put it back in. Both of these should be done while the computer is OFF, of course. Resetting the CMOS will re-activate your on-board.

No comments:

Post a Comment