Thursday, April 26, 2012

Help installing my video card ATI Raedon x1300 PCI?

Okay, so I just got my video card back from a friend, and am trying to install it. I plugged it into the right slot, everything was going fine and then it prompted me to insert the installation CD.



Well, the installation CD turned out to be scratched up horribly.



So, I made sure that the little box that said "Don't prompt me to install this device again" was NOT checked, and I downloaded the driver online and rebooted my computer.



Now it's not showing the new hardware when I boot up like it's supposed to, and when I try to install the driver it says there isn't a device installed.



Can anyone tell me what may be wrong? I really need to get this video card installed.

Thanks!|||You have the wrong driver for your device or your operating system. Download the driver again being sure to select the correct driver for your device and your operating system.



Go to my link. Select:

Desktop Graphics

Radeon X Series

Radeon X1xxx Series

<your OS>



Update: What happens when you run the installer for the driver?

No comments:

Post a Comment