Friday, April 27, 2012

I bought a Visiontek ATI X1300 512MB PCI-Expressx16 Video Card. How do I install it?

I currently have an integrated nVIDIA Geforce 6100 graphics card. How do I disable the integrated card and install my new card? My computer model name is Gateway: GT5228 if that helps.|||I've never heard of a Visiontek PCI-E, I have the PCI version of your card. First, turn off your computer. Then, open it up and remove the PCI-E slide cover(the metal cover). Next, insert the video card so that the metal cover part slides in and the plug plugs into the PCI-E slot(adapter or whatever). Then, reattach the monitor to the new card. Close the computer, turn it on, and use the CD to install the card. I think the integrated card will be automatically disable, like what happened to me.|||First off, follow all directions given by your new video card. I'm guessing it goes something like this:



1. Install drivers on CD-Rom. Of course, everybody knows you should go right to the Visiontek website and download the latest drivers.



2. Turn off, unplug, and open case.



3. Stick Video card in appropriate slot, attach with Phillips screw.



4. Attach monitor.



5. Boot.



6. Go to device manager and disable on-board video.



7. Fine tune your new card settings.



I don't know, something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment